Core Field Switch Engineer
The FSE (Field SwitchEngineer) is assigned to work with troubleshooting of AXE 2G & 3G network.
· Will be working on 1st level O&M of BSC, MSC, STP, SCP, HLR, GMSC, FNR, MGW, MSC server of APZ 212 33 / 33 / 40 and APG 40 NT / 2003.
· Daily, weekly & monthly routine checks & maintinanace of all the AXE nodes.
· STM (ET1551),ET4-1 & ETC5 interconnection and testing including ODF & DDF activities.
· First Line O&M in All SS & BSS Nodes (2G & 3G).
· Call test matrix along the premises.
· PAT of new nodes.
· Hardware maintenance.
· APG40 maintenance.
· Fault finding using protocol analyzer
· Emergency handling in case of Restart or Reload in the system.
· To make sure that the network and relevant equipment problems escalated from the surveillance are indentified and rectified. System problems are to be identified and escalated to Core Back-office System engineers.
· To investigate and correct service and network problems according to agreed timing and standards set.
· Responsible for the hardware inventory & request for any additional HW to the FSE team leader.
· Provide the FSE team leader with reports of work done & co-operate fully.
· O&M experience within Ericsson GSM/WCDMA core network (2G & 3G) including Troubleshooting and configuration audit of MSS nodes MSC Server and MGW
· Excellent knowledge of Control Network, i.e. system, HW / SW, functionality, DT, basic troubleshooting.
· Excellent knowledge of the network topology, its traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
· Strong Ericsson Background in AXE10/810 Nodes (MSC / GMSC / STP / HLR / FNR / MSC-S) & MGW.
· Must be aware of number analysis and routing.
· Very Good experience in Signalling (MTP/SCCP/ISUP/MAP/CAP/ BICC/GCP).
· ISUP, SCCP & MTP analysis & routing experience.
· Very good trouble shooting skills in MSC/GMSC/STP/HLR/MSC-S & MGW.
· Knowledge of RTDMA, UPDR and connectivity of MSC-S with MGW & other node.
· Must have trainings and troubleshooting experience in APG40.
· Experience of MGW definition/integration on MSCS.
· Should have experience of HW & SW up-gradation.
· Good / excellent knowledge of the Core Network management system functionality and application use, (surveillance, performance, configuration).
· Conceptual Knowledge on OSS, GPRS and other VAS / NON-VAS nodes.
· Emergency Handling in Operator's GSM & WCDMA network.
· Experience with Core 2G, MSC-S & MGW and good understanding of IP over ATM Transport Networks. SIGTRAN knowledge & Troubleshooting.
· Good knowledge of network implementation / integration processes.
· The expert must be skilled with integration of nodes with RNC / BSC & NSS nodes.
· Experience of handle problems, faults and other issues arising from 2G and 3G integration.
· Experience of CELLO platform, MO-Shell, FTP, Telnet.
· ATM/IP Overviews
· Good knowledge of AAL1, AAL2, AAL5.
· Must understand different Sub-racks in M-MGW.
· Knowledge of Standard KLM to Ericsson KLM mapping.
· Experience of restarting of MGW using CLI and EMAS.
· Setting and configuring of IP during initial configuration.
· Experience of Software & Hardware Up-gradation & license loading in MGW.
· Loading of announcements and tones after testing.
· Creation of Virtual Media gateways and distribution of TDM.
· Signalling creation for both Ericsson and Non-Ericsson nodes
· Good knowledge of SIGTRAN, UTRAN, VC Cross connections and IMA groups in MGW.
· MSP(1+1) creation
|Job type :||Permanent|
|Number of job(s) :||1|
|Experience :||5 + years|
|Studies level :||Bachelor's|
|Location :||Saudi Arabia|
|Duration :||6 Month (extendable – long term project)|