Sr. Core Back Office Service Engineer
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates with minimum 6 years Experience in Ericsson relative functional area to apply only. All candidates not meeting the criteria will not be entertained.
The Core Senior Services Engineer is assigned to work with troubleshooting, configuring, maintaining and improving the performance of Core network. He has to act on network and relevant equipment problems and to coach and mentor team members on daily basis and in emergency situations. It is the responsibility of the senior engineer to solve and correct service and network problems according to agreed timing and standards set, to detect and highlight network deficiencies and to some extent predict future degradations.
· The engineer’s Functional Role is typically working with Core Network Nodes (MSC/ GMSC/ STP/ HLR/ SCP/ MSS/ MGW).
· System problems are to be identified and rectified according to agreed timing in SLA.
· Ensure the availability of the network to be at the highest possible level by ensuring that problems / degradations are handled swiftly, relevant performance parameters are interpreted and highlighted if deemed necessary.
· Contribution in the creation and improvements of ideas, procedures and routines within the group/ department.
· Advanced O& M experience within Ericsson GSM/WCDMA core network (AXE & MGw platforms).
· Exceptional troubleshooting skills of traffic-related issues (MSS, MSC, FNR/HLR, STP, and MGW) through adapting existing procedures, methods and tools.
· Advanced understanding of signaling protocols such as SS7/IP, GCP, CAP, MAP, INAP, SCCP, ISUP, BICC, SIP and ATM.
· Excellent knowledge of the network topology, its traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
· Excellent tracing skills using different kind of Protocol analyzers: K15, Masterclaw, Wireshark...
· Should have strong knowledge on STS performance reports.
· Extensive experience in maintaining and improving key performance indicators KPIs: LU, ASR, Paging, HO...Etc
· PLEX knowledge and software tracing is a plus.
· Very good knowledge in all DT related configurations: A, B, IMSI and EOS analysis, Signaling & Traffic Routing/ Nodes integration/ Triggering Tables/AXEPARS…
· Very good experience in using different Ericsson tools: Primus, MHWEB, ERICOLL, KCS…
· Good ability to interpret network design documents and contribute in preventing mistakes and ensure first-time correct implementation of change requests.
· Excellent skills in integrating new nodes RNC, BSC & VAS nodes (SMSc, ICS…).
· HLR data handling experience (including subscriber’s profiles & HLR Redundancy).
· Good skills in troubleshooting HW-related problems (APZ21250/40 and APG)
· Should have experience on HW & SW AXE upgrades.
· Very good skills in Emergency Handling.
· Good experience on CELLO platform, MO-Shell, FTP, Telnet.
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Excellent analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
· Advanced communication and customer interaction skills.
· Strong ability to work independently with minimum instruction or supervision, under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
· Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
· Business-minded, self motivated and highly pro-active.
· Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
· Able to work as a member of a team and expected to lead by example.
· Open approach to solving problems and dealing with new proposals.
· Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
|Job type :||Permanent|
|Number of job(s) :||2|
|Experience :||5 + years|
|Studies level :||Bachelor's|
|Location :||Saudi Arabia|