Senior GPRS Back Office Engineer
The GPRS Engineer is responsible for the overall Quality of Service, performance data, SLA and KPIs in the Network Operations Centre.
• Responsible for all GPRS nodes (SGSN 2010A/2011A, GGSN J320 2010A, DNS IPworks) especially SASN 2010A from Operation & Maintenance and Configuration point of view.
• Configuration of new APNs, new imsi range, PM jobs, and any other (Gb, Gr, Iu, Gn, Gp, Gy, Gx & Grx configuration).
• O&M troubleshooting for all GPRS services (internet browsing, MMS, LBS, and blackberry) and all GPRS/PS interfaces.
• Gy integration using SACC & SAPC
• SASN configuration and maintenance.
• To participate in the 24-hour emergency standby, according to a roster.
• Responsible for all technical matters related to GPRS system
• Responsible for the modification of existing system routines, creation of new and temporary routines and follow up.
• Responsible for all software contents of the system and the GPRS Services.
• Send/receive/follow up with trouble reports sent to the supplier/customer.
• Handle and follow up all escalated problems.
• Distribute all new and upgraded documentation in accordance to SW, HW and equipment.
• Offer expert knowledge concerning system problems in the GPRS node (as well as all its connected G-interfaces. • Offer expert knowledge concerning parameters and configuration.
• Implement software and parameter changes in the SGSN GGSN.
• Real time monitoring of Service and Network quality and capacity.
• Analyse and reporting of Service and Network quality.
• Perform preventative & corrective maintenance.
• Coordinate with support to have second level support or consultation
• Initiate Service and Network improvements and optimisation activities.
• Initiate temporary Service and Network reconfigurations, if performance is not satisfactory.
• Drive tool development for delivery and management of new services.
• Analyse failure trends and identify chronic failures.
• Provide performance data and determine impact of service problems on service performance.
• Provide optimum use of the existing Networks.
• Recommend service redesign
• 5 + years of hands on experience of Ericsson GPRS solution including SGSN, GGSN, SASN, iDNS, SAPC administration, tool management and O&M tasks
• Datacom and IP fundamentals
• GPRS network knowledge
• GSN software protocol stacks and features
• SGSN /GGSN hardware knowledge, magazines, cabinets, hardware configuration
• SASN and SAPC hands on experience is must
• Backbone data network design
• UNIX, TCP/IP/ATM/IP
• GSM system overview
• GPRS system survey
• GPRS Basic Operations
• GSN Configuration
• GSN PS Operations
• Gy configuration
• Gx configuration
• troubleshooting skills
• Good knowledge about WCDMA & GSM networks
Required education and experience:
• The GPRS Service Engineer should have a degree in Telecommunication
• Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 + years of experience in Operation and Maintenance / Customer Support mainly in PS domain.
• Experience within Datacom and Telecom Networks
|Job type :||Permanent|
|Number of job(s) :||1|
|Experience :||5 + years|
|Studies level :||Bachelor's|
|Location :||Saudi Arabia|